In this blog post I have listed my personal top 5 lipsticks. Believe it or not but these are the only lipsticks I currently own.
To think I once owned 100+ in my personal collection is just bizarre to me! This is a highly curated list which took years of trial and error to form.
I love that being a minimalist produces less waste physically and financially. These may look similar in the photo I posted on Instagram but they are very different from one another. When I buy makeup now I definitely keep my lifestyle in mind. I prefer colours/shades that require minimal effort (no lip liner if I don’t feel like it or mixing colours). I am sure my taste and preference will continue to change and evolve as I age. All the lipsticks listed below are perfect for everyday wear. I prefer a natural look so I am sorry if you were hoping for some crazy bright or artistic colours!
A few things to note:
- My skin-tone: Light Medium + very olive
- Hair: Jet black
- Eyes: Dark Brown
NYX Matte Lipstick “Sierra“
The only drug store lipstick in my collection.
- Price: $9 CAD
- Shade: Warm copper/hints of orange
- Finish: Satin + Highly Pigmented
- How I wear it: I gently pat a small amount on the centre of my lip and spread it all over my lips with my finger. This gives the effect of a lip stain.
Clarins Joli Rouge Velvet “759V Woodberry“
- Price: $29 CAD
- Shade: Mauve Pink/Nude
- Finish: Velvet Matte + Highly Pigmented
- How I wear it: Mainly alone with a heavy hand. Sometimes I mix it with NYX Sierra to brighten it up further.
Giorgio Armani Ecstasy Shine Lip Cream “100 Smile“
- Price: $46 CAD
- Shade: Nude
- Finish: Glossy/ Balmy + Transparent shade
- How I wear it: Alone (my most worn lipstick). I also like to line my lips with MAC Pro longwear Lip Pencil in “In Control” prior to applying this. It compliments my olive skin tone and black hair perfectly.
Givenchy Le Rouge Lipstick “103 Brun Creatéur“
The feature image of this blog post is a swatch of this colour.
- Price: $44 CAD
- Shade: Dusty Rose
- Finish: Semi Matte + Pigmented
- How I wear it: Lightly dab it on my lips. I wore this colour a lot during bridal season. Its a nice subtle colour for adding a little life to a tired face.
Dior Rouge Lipstick “745 Terrific Matte“
- Price: $43 CAD
- Shade: Redish Chestnut
- Finish: Matte + Highly Pigmented
- How I wear it: Sometimes I like to apply it directly onto my lips and other times I rub a little bit onto my finger and gently dab it onto my lips for a hint of colour. This lipstick colour is beautiful for fall and winter!
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I hope this post helped you in some way!
Follow me on Instagram: @prerna.co